Have a question about UNSW Accommodation?

In this section you will find answers to commonly asked questions. If you have any further queries, please email unswrc@unsw.edu.au

Faq Category

Faq Question

  • How close are the Colleges to public transport and the nearest shopping centre?

  • High St and Mulwarree Apartments have car parks attached to each building, and you can apply for a parking card ($50AUD deposit). There’s limited availability and you may be placed on a waiting list.

    To obtain a permit, contact the Student Accommodation office to make an appointment and make sure you bring the following documentation:

    • Student ID card
    • Vehicle registration provided by the RTA under the licensee’s name (if your vehicle’s registration is not under the licensee’s name, please ensure you bring additional documentation, such as the vehicle’s insurance under the licensee’s name).

    UNSW provides a limited number of on-campus car parking spaces and this is managed by FM Assist. To apply for a parking permit, please contact Security & Traffic Management.

    Parking on campus is free only when parked in a marked bay:

    • Outside of the permit hours of 7.30am and 7.30pm Monday to Friday
    • On weekends
    • On public holidays (not UNSW holidays)

    If you park on High Street, never leave valuables in your car and always ensure you secure your vehicle as this area is targeted by car thieves.

    There’s limited free motorbike parking and bicycle racks you can also access for free.